Paver stones and bricks are becoming a popular alternative to concrete patios and driveways. These landscaping accents offer many benefits over more traditional materials:
- Pavers are easier to maintain that concrete slabs, since you can easily wash or replace damaged or stained stones and bricks.
- Paver stones are less resistant to cracks and chips.
- Pavers are much easier to use than concrete slabs, and can be installed by just about anyone.
- Stones and bricks are more slip-resistant that concrete slabs.
- These materials are less prone to damage from snow shovels, salt and de-icers.
Newer paver stones and bricks made from a pre-cast flagstone product, can also last as long as stone or concrete. These pavers are also easy to install, versatile and look virtually identical to natural materials. Steps are also pre-formed to match your existing materials.
- Equivalent to 288 lbs (130 kg) of crushed stone
- Replaces 6 in (15 cm) of compacted crushed stone
- Evacuates water through the channel
- Manufactured using lightweight high-density polypropylene
- Environment-friendly and 100% recyclable
- Extremely durable, will not degrade in the ground
- Designed with a tongue and groove system
- Gator Base Insulation has an R-Value of 3.6 (per inch thickness)
- Will significantly reduce the number of freeze and thaw cycles